March 18, 2020
- All on campus events are canceled until further notice
- Sunday morning servicedswill be streamed at 10:45 AM: www.facebook.com/plymouthpark.baptistchurch
- Wednesday night Bible Study will be at 6:00 via the same link
March 13, 2020
March 12, 2020
I know you are all staying informed with the hour by hour updates of the coronavirus (COVID-19). As you probably know, there is now a confirmed case of an Irving resident. Church leadership is proactively working to develop a plan for what our church will do. We intend to do what will best glorify God and protect those who may be susceptible to the virus by being proactive in our decisions.
Please understand information is changing rapidly, and we may have to respond accordingly. Every day more and more people are diagnosed with COVID-19, and with the increase, there are hard decisions to make. For instance, schools and colleges are closing and extending their spring breaks, organizations are canceling conferences and meetings, and even professional sports leagues are suspending their seasons. I will readily admit that the church is not an organization; we are the body of Christ. As such, our decisions are not merely based on what others are doing. Instead, we make our decisions based on our love for the Lord, our love for our neighbors, and our faithfulness to the Word.
While we cannot control the virus, the spread, or the impact it has on our church, we’re doing everything we can to make this campus as safe and clean as possible. We appreciate your cooperation and commitment to help us do just that. If we determine it is in the best interest of our church family to close, we will inform everyone to the best of our abilities through our website, emails, and social media.
During this time, we are asking you to help prevent the spread of the virus in the following ways:
1. Familiarize yourself with COVID-19 by clicking here.
2. Stay at home when you or a family member are sick.
3. Wash your hands often with soap and water for at least 20 seconds, especially after going to the bathroom, before eating and after blowing your nose, coughing, or sneezing.
4. Cover your sneeze or cough with a tissue or your arm.
5. Get in the habit of NOT touching your face so often.
6. Substitute shaking hands at church with a wave or a friendly smile.
7. The pastoral staff is ceasing all hospital visits for the time being.
Here’s how we are committed to keeping our campus clean:
1. We will sanitize frequently touched surfaces before and after every service such as doors, handles, tables, water fountains, check-in stations, etc.
2. Our staff and volunteers will wash their hands frequently and stay home if they are sick.
3. We will provide hand sanitizer stations at the entrances to our building.
Sunday Morning Plan:
1. As of March 12, 2020, we will plan to continue to meet for 9:45 Sunday School and worship for both the English and Spanish Services at 10:45 AM.
2. Again, if you are sick, please stay at home and seek medical attention.
3. During our worship time, we may not be passing around an offering plate. If we choose to do that will have collection boxes located at the entrance doors of the worship center. You can also give online by visiting the website and clicking on the PayPal link at the top left of the home page. Please note that Paypal does charge a fee from your gift. You can also mail checks to the church, or set up direct deposit from your bank which charges no fee. If you need help setting that up, please call the church. We encourage all members to continue to give to the church even if they cannot attend as it is vital to the operations of our ministry.