Being Strong in the Lord
Passage: Ephesians 6:10–12
Prayer for All Members Based on Pastor Jared’s Message, July 10, 2022
Being Strong in the Lord
Introduction: In Ephesians chapters 1 through 3, Paul described our glorious position in Christ. In chapter 4 through the beginning of chapter 6, he has told us to walk worthy of our calling. Finally, Paul says, be ready for battle:
- Be strong in the Lord. (6:10-11)
Finally, be strong in the Lord and in the strength of his might. Put on the whole armor of God…
Until Christ returns or we go home to Him, we are in a spiritual war zone. Our strength is not measured by our resources and ability; our strength is in Jesus Christ and in His magnificent power. How do we activate His strength? By faith in Him, by putting on His armor that we will be studying in the weeks ahead.
What we need to know about the war:
- It is supernatural.
- We are all personally involved.
- We are not strong enough in ourselves to win.
Lord, thank You that we can be strong in Your mighty power! Please help us trust in You.
- Know your enemy. (6:11-12)
…that you may be able to stand against the schemes of the devil. For we do not wrestle against flesh and blood, but against the rulers, against the authorities, against the cosmic powers over this present darkness, against the spiritual forces of evil in the heavenly places.
Know the devil’s schemes: he is dead set against every good thing Paul has told us about in Ephesians. Satan seeks to divide, to sow discord, to destroy our marriages, families, and work. He wants to ruin our Christian testimony.
Know who he is:
- He is evil and powerful – he is over all the cosmic evil forces.
- He is cunning.
- He is the unseen opponent behind all the battles we can see in this dark and broken world.
- He is defeated. We have confidence because the enemy is already defeated. Jesus has won, and we who belong to Him have won. The invisible world in which Satan and his forces attack us is the very world in which Christ reigns and we reign with Him.
Lord, help us to realize among all our struggles that the enemy is the devil, but help us also to know that in Christ we are on the winning side. Please enable every person in this church who needs strength for the battle to come to Jesus, to believe in Him.
More in Ephesus: A Study from Life to Death
August 21, 2022Benediction to Ephesians
August 14, 2022Praying in the Spirit
August 7, 2022Taking Up the Armor: Assurance of Salvation and the Word of God